The Extech CT70 AC Circuit Analyzer can detect circuit and wiring problems such as: Poor ground impedance, false grounds, missing ground fault protection, low voltage availability under load, and high ground-to-neutral voltage. In addition, the CT70 tests GFCI and EPD circuits.
Circuit and wiring issues listed above can introduce shock hazards (from grounding issues) and can comprise performance of machinery and equipment (from poor ground impedance, lack of sufficient voltage under load and/or high ground-to-neutral voltage). In addition, fire can result from the heat generated by high resistance points in a circuit.
Extech CT70 AC Circuit Analyzer Features
- True RMS measurements
- Voltage drop measurements on 12A, 15A, and 20A loads for 120 V circuits
- Voltage drop measurements on 5A, 8A, and 10A loads for 230 V circuits
- Voltage measurements: Line, ground-to-neutral, and peak
- Measures frequency of the voltage
- Checks 3-wire receptacle configuration
- Finds false grounds
- Tests GFCI and EPD circuits
- Complete with AC test cord (standard Australian 3 pin 10A plug).