The Testo 174 T set Mini Temperature Data Logger is an ideal kit for those wanting to purchase their initial temperature data logger and includes the USB interface needed for setting up the instrument. It provides a high level of user friendliness and absolute security.
The Testo 174T mini temperature data logger set provides reliable temperature measurement for monitoring Cold Chain & Sensitive product in storage & Transport. It is also an ideal data logger for monitoring conditions in buildings.
It is widely used by Food Manufacturing, Food Distribution, Super markets, Restaurants, Kitchens, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Medical & Pharmaceutical laboratories.
What does the Testo 174T mini temperature data logger offer
- You can save up to 16,000 readings with the Testo 174T temperature data logger.
- The measurement data you have saved will not be lost even when the battery is empty or being replaced. This ensures a high level of data security.
- You can easily and quickly read the current temperature measuring values on its large display, along with any possible limit violations.
- The integrated NTC sensor enables a high level of accuracy.
- Its large measuring range, from -30 to +70 °C, and its compact design make the Testo 174T temperature data logger a competent support for virtually every kind of temperature recording.
Programming and analysis with the temperature data logger
You need software for programming and reading your temperature data logger and analyzing measurement data on the PC. We offer three different software versions for you to choose from:
- ComSoft Basic software – available as a free download – enables fast programming of the data logger and easy measurement data analysis.
- ComSoft Professional software – available as an option – offers a variety of possibilities for detailed analysis of measurement results.
- ComSoft CFR 21 Part 11 software – available as an option – can be used for special requirements according to CFR 21 Part 11 in the pharmaceutical sector.
Monitoring and documentation of the temperature in cold rooms
Many foods and drugs have to be stored within a specific cold temperature range. This can be done in individual cooled store rooms, but also in specialised cold stores or cold warehouses with high-rack facilities. The temperature must be continuously documented in all these cold storage facilities, because strict rules apply to quality management in both the food and drugs industries.
The Testo 174 T set Mini Temperature Data Logger is usually installed at the so-called critical control points (CCPs) of the cold room, in order to identify any possible temperature deviations and to introduce appropriate countermeasures. Critical points are for instance doors or passages through to other temperature areas within a warehouse.
Temperature monitoring in deep-freeze rooms for foods
There are a huge number of facilities where (deep-)frozen food has to be stored. These range from individual deep-freeze rooms on small food producers’ sites (e.g. butchers), at restaurants and supermarkets, via deep-freeze rooms in the food industry, through to specialised cold stores / deep-freeze warehouses with high-rack facilities. The temperature must be continuously documented in all these facilities. In Europe, only temperature loggers may be used in this process which are approved according to EN 12830.
Typically, data loggers are used to measure the air temperature in storage facilities of this kind. The measuring instrument is installed in the deep-freeze room – as far as possible at critical points such as doors or cooling plants – and records the temperature data at defined intervals (typically: 15 minutes).
The recorded data can then be analysed and archived using special software.
Monitoring and documentation of transport temperature
For all goods which react sensitively to temperature fluctuations or have to be stored within a predefined temperature range, uninterrupted measurement data recording and documentation play a major role.
Incorrect temperature conditions during transport can lead to major losses of quality, including the total loss of value of the products that require monitoring.
Using a data logger, shipments can be checked for compliance with the specified temperature ranges and the data can then be read, analysed and archived by means of special software.
Testo 174 T Specification:
|Temperature – NTC|
|Measuring range||-30 to +70 °C|
|Accuracy||±0.5 °C (-30 to +70 °C)|
|General technical data|
|Dimensions||60 x 38 x 18.5 mm (LxWxH)|
|Operating temperature||-30 to +70 °C|
|Standards||EN 12830; 2011/65/EU|
|Measuring rate||1 min – 24 h|
|Battery type||2 x 3V button cell (CR 2032)|
|Battery life||500 days (15 min measuring cycle, +25 °C)|
|Memory||16,000 measuring values|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +70 °C|
Included with the Testo 174T Set:
- USB interface for programming/reading the logger
- wall bracket, battery
- calibration protocol.