The Megger MIT320 insulation tester features the popular Megger digital/analogue display. Large 20mm high characters provide very clear readout, combined with an analogue arc for the feel of an analogue instrument with a true analogue response.
Designed to take the bashing that testers receive on site, the Megger MIT insulation testers are rubber armoured. The rigid display cover folds right out of the way during testing and locks down to protect the display when it is finished.
Continuity and buzzer testing starts automatically on connection to the circuit. Both the display and the range selected can be read in the dark because the MIT320 has a backlit display and range selections.
To protect the user and the tester from incorrect use the MIT series all have an extensive range of features known as the Megger Intelligent Safety System.
Megger MIT320 Safety features Include:
- Safety Interlock – prevents unsafe connection of test leads.
- Safe contact detectors – Even if the MIT is connected to a live circuit while on continuity setting the tester will remain safe and not be damaged.
- Live voltage warning – alerts the operator when a circuit voltage over 25 V exists.
- Safety lockout – Prevents the test from operating when the circuit voltage is >50 V.
- Continuity check – prevents a continuity test or buzzer test on a live circuit.
All the MIT instruments meet or exceed the UK and International Wiring Regulations, including requirements of BS7671 and VDE 0413 parts 1 and 4, HD 384, IEC 364, NFC15-100, NEN3140, ES59009 and EN 61557. In addition the range meets the requirements of IEC 61010-1 for safe connection to a 440 V Installation Category III supply (600 V Phase to Earth).
The MIT320 is supplied with a full 3 year warranty.