Extech TL900 SafeSense™ CAT IV Fused Test Leads Features
- Intelligent SafeSense™ technology makes it easy for user to know if voltage is present on target area being measured, even with a blown fuse, for increased safety
- Two dual-layered silicone test lead cables (5.3ft/1.6m long) with wear indication construction
- Standard 90? shrouded banana-to-banana plug connectors fit most multimeter input jacks
- Two CAT IV probes have built-in replaceable fuses (1000V, 11A, 20kA breaking capacity)
- CAT IV-600V, CAT III-1000V, 10A with protective safety cap
- Each probe has 2mm probe tip and includes a 4mm brass caged bayonet threaded tip (removable) for connecting accessories
Digital MultiMeter Input Impedance Considerations when using the Extech TL900
When the fuse is blown, the test leads will still allow voltage indication, for safety purposes. Please replace the fuse promptly with one of the same type, rating, and disconnection speed before use. If fuses continue to fail, it may be the result of improper measurement techniques or electrical signals being measured that are beyond the capability of these test leads. Test leads should never be used when there is visible or suspected damage or excessive wear.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. To avoid electrical shock hazard, observe the proper safety precautions when working with voltages above 60 VDC or 30 VAC rms. These voltage levels pose a potential shock hazard to the user. Do not touch test lead tips or the circuit being tested while power is applied to the circuit being measured. Keep fingers behind the finger guards of the test leads during measurement. Inspect test leads for damaged insulation or exposed metal before using. If any defect is found, replace immediately.
Do not measure any current that exceeds maximum current rating specified.
Do not attempt a current measurement on any circuit where the open circuit voltage is above the maximum voltage rating specified.