SEW PD-28 High Voltage Probe (40kV DC or 28kV AC)
The SEW PD-28 is a high voltage probe designed to extend the voltage measuring capability of an AC/DC voltmeters to 40,000 volts peak AC or DC Overvoltage Category I. This means the probe can only be used to make measurements on energy limited circuits within equipment. Examples include high voltage within televisions or photo copy machines. DO NOT use this probe to measure high voltages on power distribution systems. The probe stated accuracy is when used with a voltmeter having 10 Megohm input impedance.
The probe is a precision 1000:1 voltage divider that is formed by two matched resistors. The unusually high input impedance offered by these resistors minimizes circuit loading and optimises measurement accuracy. A special plastic body houses the divider and provides the user with isolation and protection from the voltage being measured
- Measures both AC and DC voltages with digital multimeters that have a 10 MΩ input impedance.
- Is typically used to measure high voltages in TV sets, power supplies and instruments in laboratories.
- Intended for low energy applications only.
- Lightweight and rugged. 2 available contact tips: round needle tip for normal use and a special flat spring-type for CRT anode.
- Similar to the Fluke 80K-40