1000A Current Testing and Quick Infrared Temperature Spot Checks
The rugged Extech EX840 1000A AC/DC CAT IV clamp meter is designed to deliver safety and versatility — without compromising performance or innovation. You can take the EX840 on the job to leverage its advanced meter functions including True RMS AC/DC current and voltage, resistance, capacitance, frequency, infrared and contact temperature, diode-test, and continuity check. Use the EX840’s fast-responding peak hold function to capture inrush currents and transients.
The EX840 amp clamp has a CAT IV-600-volt, CAT III-1000V overvoltage safety rating and is CE and ETL approved. In addition to being able to take temperature measurements using the Type K wire probe, the EX840 enables users to take safe, point-and-shoot, non-contact temperature measurements with an integrated infrared (IR) thermometer that packs a useful 8:1 distance ratio. That means that at a safe distance of 8 inches users are getting a temperature reading focused on a tight, one-inch spot. The built-in IR thermometer makes it easier for users to identify overheating motors, stressed bearings, overloaded electrical panels, abnormal vent temperatures, and other components from a distance — and without an additional meter.
The bright 4-digit, 4,000 count backlit display is complemented by several one-button functions including Data Hold, Min/Max, and selectable auto- or manual-ranging. The large 1.7-inch (43mm) jaw opening handles conductors up to 750 MCM or multiple conductors such as two 500 MCM.
- Non-contact IR Temperature measurements with laser pointer
- True RMS Current and Voltage measurements
- Peak hold captures inrush currents and Transients
- Multimeter functions: AC/DC Voltage, Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Diode, and Continuity
- 1.7″ (43mm) jaw opening for conductors up to 750MCM or two 500MCM
- 4000 count backlit display
- Data Hold and Min/Max, Auto Power off
- Complete with standard test leads, 9V battery, general purpose Type K probe, belt holster, and professional CAT III-1000V Test Leads
|AC Current||0.1 to 1000A||±2.8%|
|DC Current||0.1 to 1000A||±2.8%|
|AC Voltage||0.1mV to 1000V||±1.5%|
|DC Voltage||0.1mV to 1000V||±2.8%|
|Resistance||0.1 to 40MΩ||±1.5%|
|Capacitance||0.001nF to 40,000µF||±3.0%|
|Frequency||0.001kHz to 4kHz||±1.5%|
|IR Temperature||-50 to 270ºC||±2.0% rdg or ±4ºF/±2ºC|
|Type K Temperature||-20 to 760ºC||±(3%rdg+9°F/5ºC)|
|Dimensions||270 x 110 x 50mm|