REED SD-4207 Thermo-Anemometer (Datalogger)
This quality Reed SD-4207 wind anemometer is a versatile instrument for measuring, monitoring and recording air velocity and temperature for air quality diagnosis. With its thermistor sensor, the SD-4207 measures air temperature with fast response time. This thermo anemometer has a large multi-line backlight LCD display with simultaneous viewing of data and battery life.
REED SD-4207 Thermo-Anemometer Features
- Air velocity: m/S, FPM, Km/h, Knots, & MPH
- Air temperature (°C, °F)
- Low-friction ball vane wheels ensures high accuracy in high & low velocities
- Type K and Type J thermocouple thermometer
- Air Temperature uses a thermistor sensor for fast response time
- Real time SD memory card datalogger with a built-in clock and calendar
- Sampling time set from 1 second to 3600 seconds
- Meter can switch to a Manual Datalogging
- No extra software needed, just plug the SD card into the computer and it downloads directly to EXCEL
- SD card capacity: 1 GB to 16 GB
- Easy to read LCD with backlight
- Auto power off or manual power off
- Data hold, record max. and min. reading
- High accuracy microcomputer circuit
- Power by UM3/AA (1.5 V) x 6 batteries
- USB/RS232 Computer interface
- Separated probe for easy measurements of multiple environments
- Automatic temperature compensation for the anemometer and type K/J thermometer
REED SD-4207 Thermo-Anemometer Specifications
- Circuit: Custom microprocessor LSI circuit
- Display: 52mm x 38mm LCD with backlight
- Air velocity units: m/S, Km/h, FPM, Knots, Mph
- Temperature units: (°C, °F)
- Auto Sampling Time: 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800, 3600 seconds
- Memory Card: SD memory card, 1 GB to 16 GB
- Sampling Time of Display: Approx. 1 second
- Data Output: USB/RS232 PC computer interface
- Temperature Range: 0-50°C (0-122°F)
- Resolution: 0.1°C/0.1°F
- Accuracy: ± 0.8°C/1.5°F
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C (0-122°F)
- Operating Humidity: Less than 85% R.H.
- Power Supply: UM3/AA (1.5 V) x 6 batteries
- Weight: 515g/1.13lb
- Dimensions: Main instrument :203 x 76 x 38mm
- Anemometer Sensor Head: 72mm Dia.
- Includes: Anemometer probe and a hard carrying case
How to Use
How to use REED Thermo-Anemometer (SD-4207)
These Anemometers/Thermometers Datalogger are used to measure wind readings as well as temperature. This meters are extremely useful for gathering accurate wind and temperature readings include the speed of the wind in different speed values (m/S, Km/h, mph, Knot, & FPM). When the vane anemometer is on, press and hold the Function Button. The display will flash “Air”, for Air velocity/Temperature measurement, and “tP” for Type K/J Thermometer measurement. Release the Function Button to choose the displayed function.
Air velocity measurements
This hand held wind anemometer use the Air Velocity Probe to provide wind readings on a LCD display. The top part of the Display will show the air velocity, and the lower part of the Display will show the air temperature value. No worry about the direction that needs to face against the airflow. The yellow dot on the sensor head helps you easily deal with this.
Type K/J Thermometer measurements
Start plugging the optional Type K or J Thermocouple Probe into the Type K/J Probe Input Socket. Be sure the Air Velocity Probe is not plugged in. The screen will display a “K”, meaning it is configured for a Type K thermometer probe. The measured temperature will now be displayed on the display screen.
Datalogger and Auto Datalogger
Before executing the Datalogger Function you have to insert the optional SD card into the digital thermo-anemometer’s SD card socket. After you have set up the decimal format, the REED Thermo-Anemometer (SD-4207) will save the measurements value into the SD card. The numerical data structure downloaded to the SD card is defaulted used the “.” as the decimal. Start Datalogging by pressing the REC Button and the measuring data and time information is being saved to the SD memory card. During the measurements, the pause function is available. After datalogging, remove the SD card and start Data Transfer from SD card to Computer (EXCEL Software). The EXCEL file will have the following column headers in this order: Place (Position Number), Date (Year/Month/Day), Time (in 24h clock), Value, and Unit.
While taking a measurement, press the Hold Button once and the measured value will hold on the screen, and a HOLD symbol will appear. Press the Hold Button once again will release the data hold function.
Data Record (Max and Min. reading)
Press the REC Button once to start the Data Record function and a “REC” symbol will appear on the display. With the “REC” symbol on the display:
Press the REC Button once, and a ”REC. MAX.” symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display. To delete the maximum value, press the Hold Button once and the display will show a “REC.” symbol only and execute the memory function continuously.
Press the REC Button again, and a “REC. MIN.” symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display. To delete the minimum value, press the Hold Button once, and the display will show a “REC.” symbol only and execute the memory function continuously.
To exit the memory record function, press the REC button for 2 seconds. The display will revert to the current reading.