The SD-8205 data logger is a REED Digital Vibration Meter suitable for the following applications: Motors and cam analysis, Bearing checks, Gear movement and engagement, Fans, Pumps, Monitoring turbines, Compressors, Conveyors, Equipment shock and pulsation checks, Machinery comparative studies, Power hand tools and Transportation equipment. Reed SD-8205 has capability to save measurements data to the SD memory card for a further analysis. Small in size, very versatile and economic, the Reed SD-8205 vibration meter has a velocity range of 0.5 to 199.9 mm/s, an acceleration range of 0.5 to 199.9 m/s2 and features advanced functions such RMS, Peak hold and Max/Min record.
REED SD-8205 Features
- Frequency range meets ISO 2954 standards
- Metric & Imperial display units
- Separate vibration probe with magnetic base
- Measures Velocity & Acceleration
- RMS, Peak, & Max Hold functions
- Real time SD memory card datalogger with a built-in clock and calendar
- Sampling time set from 1 second to 3600 seconds
- Meter can switch to a Manual Datalogging
- No extra software needed, just plug the SD card into the computer and it downloads directly to EXCEL
- SD card capacity: 1 GB to 16 GB
- Easy to read LCD with backlight
- Auto power off or manual power off
- Data hold, record max. and min. reading
- High accuracy microcomputer circuit
- Power by UM3/AA (1.5 V) x 6 batteries
- USB/RS232 Computer interface
REED SD-8205 Specifications
Range: 0.5 to 199.9 mm/s; 0.05 to 19.99 cm/s; 0.02 to 7.87 in/s
Resolution: 0.1 mm/s; 0.01 cm/s; 0.01 in/s
Accuracy: ±(5% + 2 dgt)
Range: 0.5 to 199.9 m/s2; 0.05 to 20.39 g; 2 to 656ft/s2
Resolution: 0.1m/s2, 0.01 g, 1 ft/s2
Accuracy: ±(5% + 2 dgt)
- Circuit: Custom microprocessor LSI circuit
- Display: 52mm x 38mm LCD with backlight
- Frequency Range: 10Hz – 1KHz
- Auto Sampling Time: 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800, 3600 seconds
- Memory Card: SD memory card, 1 GB to 16 GB
- Data Output: USB/RS232 PC computer interface
- Temperature Range: 0-50°C (0-122°F)
- Power Supply: 6 x 1.5V UM3/AA batteries
- Dimensions: Main instrument: 203 x 76 x 38mm; Probe: 37 x 16mm dia, Cable Length: 1.2m
- Weight: Main instrument: 515g; Probe: 99g
How to Use
Connect the BNC Cable into the BNC Vibration Meter’s Socket, and the Mini Cable Plug into the Vibration Sensor Socket. Choose the desired function from from: RMS, Peak, and Max Hold. RMS measures and Root Means Square (RMS) value. Max Hold measures and updates the max. peak value. Peak measures the peak vibration value. For Acceleration and Velocity measurement, always select RMS measurement. The selected function will be saved as the default.
For zero adjustment operation is necessary that the Vibration Sensor to be connected to the Data Hold Vibration Meter via the Vibration Sensor Socket. Now you are able to select Acceleration measurement (m/s2, g, ft/s2). Keep the vibration sensor motionless. Be sure there is no signal being picked up. Press and hold the Logger Button for at least 5 seconds. The screen will display a zero value. The Zero Adjustment can be executed only when the measured value is less than 10 digits.
Max hold reset procedures
With your instrument into the Max Hold function, press and hold the Logger Button for at least 5 seconds to clear the existing Max hold value.
While taking any vibration measurement, press the Hold Button once and the measured value will hold on the screen, and a HOLD symbol will appear. Press the Hold Button once again will release the data hold function.
Data Record (Max., Min. reading)
The Reed Data Hold Vibration Meter (SD-8205) are able to record the maximum and minimum readings via Data record function. Press the REC Button once, and a ”REC. MAX.” symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display. To delete the maximum value, press the Hold Button once and the display will show a “REC.” symbol only and execute the memory function continuously. Press the REC Button again, and a “REC. MIN.” symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display.To delete the minimum value, press the Hold Button once, and the display will show a “REC.” symbol only and execute the memory function continuously.
Auto Datalogger (Set sampling time ≥1 second)
1) Start Datalogging; press the REC Button, and the “REC” symbol will appear on the SD-8205’s LCD screen, then press the Logger Button, the “REC” symbol will flash while the measuring data and time information is being saved in memory.To set the sampling time, and to toggle the beeper sound on or off, refer to the Advanced Settings section of this manual.
2) Pause the Datalogging; while Datalogging, if press the Logger Button once. While paused, the “REC” symbol will stop flashing. Press the Logger Button again to resume Datalogging, and the “REC” symbol will begin to flash again.
3) Stop Datalogging; while the Datalogger function is paused, press the REC Button for 2 seconds. The “REC” symbol will disappear indicating the Datalogging function has stopped.
Manual Datalogger (Set sampling time = 0 seconds)
1) Set sampling time is to 0 second; Press the REC Button, and the “REC” symbol will appear on the LCD screen. Press the Logger Button, and the “REC” symbol will flash once and one Beep will sound, at the same time the measuring data along the time information will be saved in memory. The lower Display will show the Position (record) number, which is saved as well.
2) To Change the Position Number; press the Down Button and the lower position number will flash on the display. Press the Up or Down Buttons to set the Position Number (1 to 99) to help identify the measurement location. The lower Display will show P x (x = 1 to 99). After the position number is selected, press the Enter Button to confirm.
3) Stop Datalogging; press the REC Button for 2 seconds, and the “REC” symbol will disappear indicating the Datalogging function has stopped