The Extech MA160 is is similar to the Fluke T5-600 but with more features. It measures both AC and DC current, is True RMS responding, measures capacitance and has a diode test feature. It also uses standard test leads unlike the T5-600 where you have to buy the more expensive T5-RLS test lead assembly. These added feature make the Extech MA160 ideal for the industrial electrician working with variable speed drives.
The Extech MA160 Open jaw design provides quick current measurements in tight locations without breaking the circuit. True RMS provides accurate readings on noisy, distorted or non-sinusoidal waveforms. Convenient built-in Non-Contact Voltage (NCV) Detector allows quick detection of live voltages while the LED backlight, with two level brightness, and flashlight help take measurements in dimly lit environment.
Extech MA160 Features:
- MA160 TRMS 200A AC/DC Open Jaw Clamp Meter
- 0.57″ (14.5mm) open jaw size allows current measurements in tight spaces
- Built-in Non-Contact Voltage (NCV) detector with audible alert and LED indicator
- Relative Mode for Capacitance Zero and offset adjustment
- 2000 count 2-level backlit LCD display
- Convenient LED worklight for viewing in dimly lit area
- Continuity and Diode Test
- Auto Power Off with disable
- Ergomic housing with built-in test lead holders
- CAT III-600V rating