BOSCH MMD 540H Hybrid Automotive Multimeter
What makes this a ‘hybrid’ multimeter?
This meter has a CAT III (1000v) safety rating, the recommended safety rating for tools and accessories used on hybrid vehicle circuits. However, this meter is not an insulation tester.
Hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles have high voltage components. Use this tool on these vehicles only if
- You are specially trained in high-voltage electrical system repair on hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- You have already read and are following the OEM manufacturer’s approved hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicle service. These procedures must be followed due to the high voltages in hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- You are using the CAT III / 1000V rated leads included with this kit.
- You are wearing proper protective gear, including Class 0 Type 1 electric service gloves that are free from defects/faults and that meet ASTM D120 standards and protect up to 1000 Volts AC / 1500 Volts DC.
The BOSCH MMD 540H Automotive Multimeter Features:
* CAT III (1000v) safety rating for hybrid vehicle circuits
* Peak, Min / Max readings as fast as 1 millisecond
* Higher amperage test ranges, up to 20 Amps
* Inductive RPM clamp for conventional and DIS ignition systems
* Fused diagnostic test leads for safe trouble shooting (up to 20 amps) at the circuit fuse location
* K-Type thermocouple for quick temperature measurement
* Large LCD display with bright backlighting and auto shutdown
* Rugged nylon case with handle for efficient storage
* Nylon storage case with handle
* Extra long test leads
* Inductive RPM clamp
* K-type thermocouple
* Fused diagnostic test leads for ATC and Mini
* 9 volt battery
* CD based, Tri-lingual users guide
* 1-year warranty
The instrument complies with: IEC 1010-1 EN61010-1.
Insulation: Class2, Double insulation.
Overvoltage category: CATIII 1000V/CATIV 600V.
Display: 4000 counts LCD display with function indication. Polarity: Automatic, (-) negative polarity indication.
Overrange: “OL” mark indication.
Low battery indication: The “BAT” is displayed when the battery voltage drops below the operating level.
Measurement rate: 2 times per second, nominal.
Auto power off: Meter automatically shuts down after approx. 30 minutes of inactivity.
Operating environment: 0° C to 50° C (32° F to 122° F) at < 70 % relative humidity.
Storage temperature: -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F) at < 80 % relative humidity.
For inside use, max height: 2000m Pollution degree: 2
Power: One 9V battery , NEDA 1604, IEC 6F22.
Dimensions: 182 (H) x 82 (W) x55 (D) mm
Weight Approx.: 375g
|400.0mV||0.1mV||±0.5% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|4.000V||1mV||±1.5% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|600V||1V||±1.8% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|Input Impedance: 10MΩ|
|4.000V||1mV||±1.0% of rdg ±3 dgts|
|40.00V||10mV||±1.5% of rdg ±3 dgts|
|600V||1V||±2.0% of rdg ±4 dgts|
|Input Impedance: 10MΩ. Frequency Range: 50 to 60Hz|
|RPM 4||600~4000 RPM||1 RPM|
|1000~12000 RPM (X10 RPM)||10 RPM|
|RPM 2/DIS||300~4000 RPM||1 RPM||±2 % of rdg ±4 dgts|
|1000~6000 RPM (X10 RPM)||10 RPM|
|Effect Reading: >600 RPM|
|4CYL||0~90.0°||0.1°||±2.0% of rdg ±4 dgts|
|400.0Ω||0.1Ω||±1.2% of rdg ±4 dgts|
|4.000kΩ||1Ω||±1.0% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|40.00kΩ||10Ω||±1.2% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|4.000nF||1pF||±5.0% of rdg±50 dgts|
|40.00nF||10pF||±5.0% of rdg ±7 dgts|
|400.0nF||0.1nF||±3.0% of rdg ±5 dgts|
|4.000mF||0.001mF||±10% of rdg ±10 dgts|
|4.000kHz||1Hz||>5V RMS||±1.5% of rdg ±3 dgts|
|40.00MHz||1kHz||>10V RMS||±2.0% of rdg ±4 dgts|
|0.1%~99.9%||0.10%||±2% of rdg ±2 dgts|
|1.0~ 20.0ms||0.1ms||±2% of rdg ±20 dgts|
|-30° C~ 1000° C||1° C||±3% of rdg ±5° C/8° F (Meter only, probe accuracy not included)|
|-22° F~1832° F||1° F|
|1.0mA typical||1 mV||±5% of rdg ±15 dgts|